Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pallot Marriages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fee

Fee Report 4 Dec 2006 18:55

I have a John Whiteland, born 1771, he had a son, George - born 1804. Would someone please be kind enough to check the pallot marriages to see if and who John married? He was born in Tunworth, Hampshire so i am guessing the marriage took place in Hampshire.As for the the year, i am guessing at 1791-1803. There may well be hundreds. If so perhaps you would let m know so i know what i am up against. Many Thanks Fee

Kate

Kate Report 4 Dec 2006 19:36

I've had a look, but I'm not sure if Pallot's covers Hampshire. I have access to it on Ancestry but most of the marriages seem to be from London parishes. Will keep looking, though.

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 4 Dec 2006 19:41

only one to come up Jno Whiteland Spouse: Mary Porter Marriage Date: 1803 Parish: St Anne

Fee

Fee Report 4 Dec 2006 20:15

Thanks for looking Kate. Jeanette, if thats the only one i guess it must be him, (unless he did not marry) Thanks a lot both of you. Fee

Ed

Ed Report 4 Dec 2006 20:22

try, Classification: Baptisms, Census, Monumental Inscriptions, Parish Records Title: Hampshire Family History PRs and MIs Link: http://website.lineone.net/~hantshistory/contents.html Description: Hampshire Family History Parish Register and Monumental Inscriptions etc.

Fee

Fee Report 4 Dec 2006 20:26

Thank you so Much for that link Ed.What a gem!!!!! I may well find other possible ancesters with this site. You are wonderful, Fee

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&#

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&# Report 4 Dec 2006 21:34

Here's another site you might like to try too. http://www.familyresearcher.org/intro.cfm

Fee

Fee Report 4 Dec 2006 21:48

Thanks Crackers. Thees 2 sites are amazing, i could spend years looking through them.......lol Fee

Gaye

Gaye Report 9 Mar 2008 05:34

Hi Fee,
I have a John Augustus Whiteland dob 1st March 1772 on my tree, no wife listed but had 8 siblings and 3 children. Could give you more detailed info if you would like. Also have parents names.
Cheers Gaye