Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Burial Lookups In Tarvin Cheshire - Gravestones.RE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Ego

The Ego Report 29 May 2006 17:59

between 23rd june and 28th june will be at hand to look at gravestones in st andrews church (c of E ) in tarvin Cheshire-let me know if you would like an inscription etc.

Jeanie

Jeanie Report 29 May 2006 18:52

Hi Alter, We live in Chester but whilst managing to get as far afield as Oxford and Stafford have yet to make it to Tarvin!! If you come across a John Williams, wife Elizabeth or any Snelsons, we would love to know. Many thanks Jeanie

The Ego

The Ego Report 29 May 2006 19:13

You only live 5 miles away LOL!!!.......I live 20 miles away !!!.....OK,Ive got plenty of time on my hands,dog sitting,a time frame would help ...

Jeanie

Jeanie Report 30 May 2006 09:07

Hi Alter, Thanks again for kind offer but please only go if its on your to do list. Its been on ours for 3 years and we will get to it some day!! Kind Regards Jeanie

The Ego

The Ego Report 30 May 2006 09:32

Sit in house,look out of the window- stroke dog Go out with dog Sit in house watching TV with dog yep,I think I might have time to spare ....

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 30 May 2006 21:29

Hi Alter I should be really grateful if you keep an eye open for any Youde/Youds. I live in Lincs and been unable to make Tarvin. Many thanks Charlotte

The Ego

The Ego Report 30 May 2006 21:33

I recognise that name-its local-there is a malcolm by that name that runs cheshire brick and slate.

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 30 May 2006 21:59

Have traced tree back to 1800 and hit a brick wall regarding gt gt gt grad Thomas. He was supposed to be a farmer somewhere around Chester.

The Ego

The Ego Report 30 May 2006 22:02

the archives in the CRO in Duke street are awesome....

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 30 May 2006 22:10

Unfortunately, cannot find time. They are shut when I am free. Have visited Chester on free time and found gt grad Thomas in Overleigh and found and met a couple of living rellies -but they are not too interested! Also visited Kinnerton way but never made Tarvin. Anyway, if you spot one please let me know. Thanks

The Ego

The Ego Report 7 Jul 2006 14:12

Charlotte, I am told that Youd is a big name in these here parts....I couldnt find a Thomas but there were a couple in the graveyard for Youd. Sacred to the memory of JOHN YOUD of Oscroft who died September 24th 1822 aged 39 years JOHN YOUD of Oscroft who died Sep.8th 1889 aged 59 years also JaneWatson,late of BeretonPark,sister of the above who died Jan.28th 1908 aged 76 years. Inscriptions on 2 gravestones at St Andrews Church Tarvin,nr.Chester,Cheshire

Dea

Dea Report 7 Jul 2006 14:38

'EGO' - You have 'ALTERed' your name !!!!!!!!!!!! (Tee hee - couldn't resist !!! ) x Seriously though - very well done for finding those inscriptions - I am sure Charllotte will be very pleased. Dea Xxx

Karl

Karl Report 6 Nov 2008 11:17

For information on the YOUD families of Cheshire have a look at:
http://wc.rootsweb.com/~kh3

some YOUD gravestone photosin Cheshire:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sindolf/sets/72157602195525010/