Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda G

Linda G Report 15 May 2006 16:36

I am looking for Caroline Stubberfield on 1841 Census born 1822 in Bexhill, Sussex...father Thomas Stubberfield labourer...She married John Hammond in 1846 in St. Leonards, Sussex..... I have found her after marriage on 1851 not not before on 1841...Thanks...Linda

Julie

Julie Report 15 May 2006 16:41

Linda only this one came up >>Caroline Stubberfield abt 1826 Sussex, England Bexhill Sussex View Record George Stubberfield abt 1834 Sussex, England Bexhill Sussex View Record Hannah Stubberfield abt 1801 Sussex, England Bexhill Sussex View Record Harriett Stubberfield abt 1836 Sussex, England Bexhill Sussex View Record Mary Stubberfield abt 1838 Sussex, England Bexhill Sussex View Record Naomi Stubberfield abt 1832 Sussex, England Bexhill Sussex View Record Robert Stubberfield abt 1801 Sussex, England Bexhill Sussex

Linda G

Linda G Report 15 May 2006 16:45

Hi Julie, Yes I saw that one too. I have her marriage cert. and it definitely says father Thomas Stubberfield. Witnesses were Richard Hammond and Charlotte Stubberfield Linda

Julie

Julie Report 15 May 2006 18:01

Linda Was Caroline and Charlotte's mum Harriet if yes i looked for all 3 names in 1841 and couldn't find any of them. Julie

Linda G

Linda G Report 15 May 2006 18:16

Hi Julie, I don't know her mothers name, she was born around 1822 so no birth cert. First census I can find her on is 1851 when she is married to John Linda

Julie

Julie Report 15 May 2006 18:29

Linda this is what i found on the 1851 Charlotte Stubberfield abt 1828 Bexhill, Sussex, England Daughter Bexhill Sussex View Record Harriet Stubberfield abt 1783 Hailsham, Sussex, England Head Bexhill Sussex This might be Caroline's sister Julie

Julie

Julie Report 15 May 2006 18:46

Linda if you google Stubberfield Sufffolk uk only have a look at the 2nd one SFHG Members surname interest. theres a mrs K Hearld who is interest in Stubberfield from 1780-1850 Julie

Barry

Barry Report 27 Aug 2011 06:56

Linda
I have a copy of Sussex FHG Baptismal record for a Caroline Stubberfield
bapt.9/2/1823 at Bexhill showing parents to be Robert & Hannah( no doubt Hannah Shoesmith)
Barry