Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can anyone see a marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 May 2006 18:55

can anybody see a marriage for an arthur slaughter who married a lady with the surname williams from 1912 onwards been looking on ancestry all day but i cant see it thanks rosex

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 May 2006 18:59

The only way to find the marriage after 1910ish is to trawl through the GRO marriage indexes, quarter by quarter, year by year. nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 May 2006 19:03

thanks nell been doing it all day i may have missed it will keep trying thanks rose

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 1 May 2006 19:19

Hi Rosie Do you know if they had any children?And when? Anything else that may help to narrow down your timespan? Glen

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 May 2006 19:23

they had a son called roy thats all i know and the williams lady had a brother called john known as jack thats all i know rose

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 1 May 2006 19:28

I'll have a look and see if one falls out at me.LOL Will post back one way or the other Glen

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 May 2006 19:31

thanks glen make sure you have hard hat on rose

Linda

Linda Report 1 May 2006 19:57

Hi I have a similar problem. I know my grandad was married in 1926, have gone on the IGI web site and have got the relivant quarter numbers for that year but where do I find the lists you are talking about. Can I look on line or do I have to go into a library? Also will this show me the date of the marriage or will I have to buy a copy marriage cert. Many thanks Linda

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 May 2006 20:10

ancesty(.)co(.)uk but im afraid you have to buy certs to find anything else rose

Linda

Linda Report 1 May 2006 20:14

Thanks Rosy Ill try that

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 May 2006 20:20

the best thing about it linda is its free but i have found loads of b m ds on there rose

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 1 May 2006 20:29

Hi Rosie, I have looked from 1912 to 1920 so far,apart from 2 quarters with an error message,(so no image) i haven't found anything Slaughter to Williams. 1913 Q1 and 1915 Q2 are the two error quarters, Arthur Slaughter to Bromily Jul/Sep 1918 Salford 8d (i think it's very poor) page 103 Add that to the list of 'wrong uns' Onwards we go 1920+ Glen

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 May 2006 20:46

thanks glen thats very kind of you :-) rose

X Lairy- Fairy

X Lairy- Fairy Report 15 Jun 2008 23:30

2 years ago i was searching and so was glen top bannana was glen lol
i know i was all these other people thats coz i deleted myself by accident and gr sorted me out lol (i was not banned by the way lol it was an accident)
well today after 2 years i have found the marriage omg i cant believe it i need a shiny star me thinks x
Rosex
rosex

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 16 Jun 2008 00:36

Well Rose dont keep everyone guessing.
What did you find?

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 16 Jun 2008 00:45

just got it
Arthur Slaughter 1921 dec qt Brentford 3a 362 spouse Florence E Williams

X Lairy- Fairy

X Lairy- Fairy Report 16 Jun 2008 00:53