Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

hi double check needed please (sorted many thanks)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samian590

Samian590 Report 25 Feb 2006 19:52

hi i need a double check on a mary bowcock b 1861..Leek, Staffordshire, England. found her on 1871,1881, census..can someone check i have found the right mary on the 1891...found one that lives with richard ash and children..if it is my ancester are they her children and will they be found under her name or his?

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 25 Feb 2006 20:08

1891 8 St Edwards Street both single head silk worker Record Frances Ash abt 1881 Leek, Staffordshire, England Daughter Leek and Lowe Staffordshire View Record Hannah Ash abt 1883 Leek, Staffordshire, England Daughter Leek and Lowe Staffordshire View Record Mary L Ash abt 1880 Leek, Staffordshire, England Daughter Leek and Lowe Staffordshire View Record Richard Ash abt 1864 Leek, Staffordshire, England Head Leek and Lowe Staffordshire View Record Sarah A Ash abt 1886 Leek, Staffordshire, England Daughter Leek and Lowe Staffordshire View Record Mary Jane Bowcock abt 1862 Leek, Staffordshire, England Mistress Leek and Lowe Staffordshire Hannah Ratcliffe abt 1846 Leek, Staffordshire, England Lodger Leek and Lowe Staffordshire

Samian590

Samian590 Report 25 Feb 2006 20:21

many thanks for that, thats what i found but my mary was a mary a, could this change to a mary jane, if it is her, on the 1901 census she is down as ash and a widow but there is a woman living there with her saying step mother is that hers or richards?

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 25 Feb 2006 20:29

no here you are 1901 mary a widow and step mother says married Record Alice Ash abt 1893 Leek, Staffordshire, England Daughter Leek Staffordshire View Record Annie Ash abt 1895 Leek, Staffordshire, England Daughter Leek Staffordshire ===View Record Mary Jane Ash abt 1861 Leek, Staffordshire, England Head Leek Staffordshire View Record Minnie Ash abt 1900 Leek, Staffordshire, England Daughter Leek Staffordshire View Record Elizabeth Bowcock abt 1880 Leek, Staffordshire, England Daughter Leek Staffordshire View Record Sarah A Bowcock abt 1885 Leek, Staffordshire, England Daughter Leek Staffordshire Annie Massey abt 1858 Macclesfield, Cheshire, England Stepmother Leek Staffordshire View Record Sarah A Percival abt 1883 Leek, Staffordshire, England Boarder Leek Staffordshire Jeanette

Samian590

Samian590 Report 25 Feb 2006 20:33

Hi Jeanette thanks for that i also got a Annie Massey step mum, have i looked at wrong page?

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 25 Feb 2006 20:42

you have got right page Jeanette

Samian590

Samian590 Report 25 Feb 2006 20:48

thanks for your help sam

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 25 Feb 2006 21:07

BOWCOCK, Mary Jane Record Type: Marriages Quarter: September Year: 1894 District: Leek County: Staffordshire Volume: 6b Page: 434 (click to see others on page) Richard Ash Makes a honest women of then died how sad

Samian590

Samian590 Report 25 Feb 2006 21:13

life in these times seem sad, they had another 2 children aswell and they died at 2years and 0...very sad.

Edward

Edward Report 28 Feb 2009 10:25

Richard ash was my great uncle. My grandad george was his brother.
there was an uncle named hugh. their father was william ash born 1823
married 2nd wife alice mellor 1858.

Jane had a "colourful" life. and I have some detailed information on her.

If you want please email [email protected]
as it is too time consuming to use genes. and I can scan etc better
on ordinary email.

I also have extensive bowcock info as Both my grandmas were bowcocks.
and my aunt married into the bowcocks as well.
Cheers Ed.