Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone do a lookup for me?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Trudy

Trudy Report 9 Nov 2005 16:56

see below

Trudy

Trudy Report 9 Nov 2005 16:56

I am looking for my 3x and 4x great grandparents. I have my 3x great grandfathers marriage cert: HENRY HERBERT TULL, age 18, Cabinet Maker and ELIZA ROWLAND, age 17, spinster, married 10th January 1849, St Philip, Bethnal Green. Both addresses 26 & 28 Essex Street. Fathers THOMAS TULL – Gentleman and GEORGE ROWLAND – Clicker. My problem – why can I find none of them on any census until 1881/1891 and 1901 where I can find Eliza on her own with several children. Herbert and Eliza, Thomas and George all seem to have disappeared. One of the witnesses to the marriage is ‘Eliza Rowland’ so I presume that it is possible that Eliza’s mother was also Eliza, and I have found a marriage between a GEORGE ROWLAND and ELIZABETH TREBY in 1834 which could well be them, but as it is IGI, I need to check it out. I have a possible christening (again IGI) for HENRY HERBERT TULL for 1830 in Godstone Surrey and a possible marriage for THOMAS TULL and MARY SIMMONDS in Tonbridge Kent in 1828. The only possible I have is THOMAS TULL, age 45, at 13 Bennington St, St Luke, on the 1851 with no wife, but a son aged 15. He is shown as a ‘Proprietor of Houses’- would this qualify him as a ‘Gentleman’ on a marriage cert two years earlier? Sorry to ramble, and when I look at this properly, I’ll probably see the answers but as per Jess’s thread earlier – why can’t you see your own? Any ideas appreciated – may have to go off line in a bit but will check back as soon as I can. Thanks Looby

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Nov 2005 17:01

When and where was Eliza born?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 9 Nov 2005 17:05

Name: Henry Hubert Full Full Age: 20 Estimated birth year: abt 1831 Relation: Head Gender: Male Where born: Godstone, Surrey, England Civil parish: Shoreditch County/Island: Middlesex Source information: HO107/1533 Registration district: Shoreditch Sub-registration district: Holywell ED, institution, or vessel: 4 Folio: 97 Page: 34 Household schedule number: 98 GSU Number: 174763 Eliza C Full abt 1833 Marylebone Wife Henry A Full abt 1850 Shoreditch Son Going to have a look at the image Maureen Update for 1851 Address is 18 George St and occupation is engine drive and sawyer. Would take it as Henry Herbert Tull - oh not convinced now I have studied the image - also wrong occupation

Trudy

Trudy Report 9 Nov 2005 17:17

Glitter Baby - thank you that could be them, will have a look at the image. Hi Helen, unfortunately don't have any further info on Eliza. Sorry Looby Glitter Baby - just looked again, not sure this is them, but thank you anyway.

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Nov 2005 17:20

Looby If you have Eliza on later censuses with her children you MUST have an idea of her birthplace! nell

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 9 Nov 2005 17:33

Is this the right family in 1881? Possibly not as children do not match !! Name: Eliza Tull Age in 1881: 48 Estimated birth year: abt 1833 Relationship to head-of-household: Head Gender: Female Where born: Shoreditch, Middlesex, England Address: Rosemary St 12 Civil parish: St Mary Islington County/Island: London Condition as to marriage: Windower Occupation: Charring Source information: RG11/0264 Sub-registration district: Islington East ED, institution, or vessel: 50b Folio: 94 Page: 10 Agnes Tull abt 1863 Shoreditch, Middlesex, England Daughter Herbert Tull abt 1865 Shoreditch, Middlesex, England Son Walter Tull abt 1866 Shoreditch, Middlesex, England Son Maureen

Veronica

Veronica Report 18 May 2012 10:07

Yes,that is correct about Eliza Rowland b.to Eliza & George Rowland in 1833.Eliza was Eliza Brittain of Chertsey Surrey.I have her death cert.,George's bap.record from Bristol,Convict records,marr. to my 2x grtgrandmother,widow,Eleanor Page Thompson in NSW;her death in 1876 in NSW.Geo.returned to Eliza who was still single after all those yrs.They are on the 1881 census.Eliza Tull d.1903Geo. d.1888 in Islington at the home of his step-dau-in-law,.The Elizabeth Gilmore he marr.in 1884 was still living.I'm descended from his 2nd marr.in 1845 to Eleanor via son Henry.I HOPE YOU HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL AFTER ALL THIS TIME.I just found your posts from 2005.Look at my public trees on Ancestry.uk.
Best wishes,Veronica Coote

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 May 2012 11:28

Veronica - try clicking on Trudy's name to send her a personal message as she may not be checking her threads after all this time,

If she still has the same email address, she will be notified that there is a PM waiting for her.

Good luck :-)

Trudy

Trudy Report 11 Aug 2012 20:53

Veronica = thank you - I AM still researching but had a heart attack and was not about for quite a long time. I now suffer a problem with lack of concentration, so only do very small stints at a time.

thank you - I will have a good look at your response shortly.