Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

where is...?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 8 Oct 2005 23:35

just found a rellie born Wilpshire,came across this in parish records for blackburn and now on census,is it a part of blackburn or is it a misspelling of wiltshire....help karen

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Oct 2005 23:38

Which census/parish records? Can you find birthplace on another census? My instinct says its a mistake for Wiltshire. nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Oct 2005 23:39

My instinct is wrong! There's a Wilpshire in Lancashire on the A666 north from Blackburn. You can find it on www streetmap * co * uk - and please add streetmap to your favourites, its very useful. nell

Karen

Karen Report 8 Oct 2005 23:44

thanks Nell,will add to bookmark

Gillian

Gillian Report 6 Oct 2012 12:16

It is definately near Blackburn Lancashire and is on the road between Blackburn and Clitheroe. I was born there and in the 1940's there was a small nursing home where maternity services were available.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 6 Oct 2012 12:19

Gillian, just a tip - be sure to check dates of threads to save you wasting your time. It isn't very clear at first glance, but this was started 2005!
Jan

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 6 Oct 2012 12:48

Also the fact that Karen has NIL posts might be a clue as to her not being a member anymore

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 6 Oct 2012 17:51

I've heard of that Maternity Services clinic. No Credit cards. Strictly Cash on Delivery. LOL. ;-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Oct 2012 19:58

Gillian I think you have truly put Wilpshire on map. Have seen that blue plaque on the maternity home saying you were born there in 1940. How your poor mother got that high up the wall I have no idea :-D ;-)

Malcolm :-D :-D :-D ( I think). Not even American Express?