Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

need to know who exactly she belongs to.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Report 9 Apr 2005 12:57

Hi, I found a marriage for a Mary Ann Broadway and George Stewart on familysearch but the only info on her dad is that his name was Samuel, as I have quite a few samuels she may be one of my lot, could someone find out more info on her dad at all? thanks AL

The Bag

The Bag Report 9 Apr 2005 13:00

need some dates and places at least

Kate

Kate Report 9 Apr 2005 13:03

As the marriage was in 1862, you should be able to find it on the GRO indexes and order the cert, but if you don't want to spend £7 on somebody who might not be one of your rellies, your best bet is to look for her on the 1861 and 1871 censuses to start with and see what info you can find out from there. Kate.

Kate

Kate Report 9 Apr 2005 13:05

This could well be her birth from the IGI, but I still think you will have to find her on some censuses to check who her father was: IGI Individual Record FamilySearch™ International Genealogical Index v5.0 British Isles Search Results | Download | Pedigree ---------------------------------------------------------------- MARY ANN BROADWAY Female ------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: Christening: 06 DEC 1835 Spitalfields Christ Church, Stepney, London, England Death: Burial: -------------------------------------------------------- Parents: Father: SAMUEL BROADWAY Family Mother: SARAH --------------------------------------------------------------- Messages: Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date. --------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type: C069693 1813 - 1819 0592621 Film 6903950 Film C069693 1819 - 1843 0592622 Film NONE C069693 1843 - 1876

Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Report 9 Apr 2005 13:52

could be her, thanks, but really need to know what date her dad was born, his sisters, parents etc. the marriage was bethnal green, london 1862. It may not even be one of my samuels though. I can only view free stuff at the moment though. AL