Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone in Preston?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris

Chris Report 8 Apr 2005 09:15

Hi Im hoping to go to the register office in Preston, can anyone give me the address and how to get there from the train station.............thank you Chris

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Apr 2005 10:16

Christine These are the contact details: Preston and South Ribble Register Office PO Box 24 Bow Lane Preston Lancashire PR1 8SE Tel +44 (0)1772 263808/9 This office accepts telephone requests You can find Bow Lane on www streetmap uk co, (put . for the spaces) BUT I am not sure why you want to go there. I don't think you can search the registers on site. nell ps for ref. there's a list of register offices England and Wales here: www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/RegOffice/

June

June Report 8 Apr 2005 10:26

Christine you come out of the station (Main Entrance) turn left, cross over to County Hall, Bow Street is on the right hand side of the road (only a few yards down, just past County Hall Building) then the Records office is on the right hand side of Bow Street. The Records Office is 5 minutes, at the most, from the station. Good Luck with your searches. June xx

Chris

Chris Report 8 Apr 2005 12:28

Hi June thanks very much for your help...... im on my way!!!!! Chris