Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gibraltar records?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Saffron

Saffron Report 7 Apr 2005 21:29

Does anyone know if there is a way of finding information about someone who served in the army in Gibraltar? I'm a bit stuck whilst waiting for some certificates so have gone on a tangent with my grandfather Reginald Petherick Waller. I know he was based there sometime in his army career. Thanks, Saffron:)

Helen

Helen Report 7 Apr 2005 21:50

I've got a friend who had a similar situation. Do you know which part of the army? My friend went to the website for the relevant regiment and from there found when they served in Gibraltar, then went to Kew and looked for the records Hope this helps Helen

Saffron

Saffron Report 7 Apr 2005 21:54

Helen, Thanks for the tip. I shall certainly give that a try. Saffron:)

Helen

Helen Report 7 Apr 2005 21:56

I'll try and remember to ask her when I see her if she has any other tips too good luck

Saffron

Saffron Report 7 Apr 2005 21:58

That would be brill thanks:)