Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What do you think???Right person or not???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 7 Apr 2005 18:22

Ladies and Gents Please see below for details.............................

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 7 Apr 2005 18:23

After a lot of nail biting I’ve finally got my certificate that I ordered for my Gt Grandmother and now I’m not sure that I have the right one. What do you think??? I have the marriage certificate which names my Gt grandmother as Elizabeth Harvey aged 18 years when she married on 29 Sept 1901. The address for her was given as 2 Cliffe St, West Derby and fathers name James Harvey (corporation Fireman). Now the 1901 Census for 2 Cliffe St, West Derby (RG13/3490 P18) gives me a James Harvey with wife Elizabeth and daughter also Elizabeth but age 15. Between 1881 and 1885, I can only find 3 Elizabeth Harvey’s born in Liverpool as stated on the census (and also the 1891 census too!), but on a whim this was the only certificate that I sent for, which states Elizabeth was born 14 April 1855 to a James Harvey and Elizabeth Harvey formerly James. I can’t find the other girls on the censuses with parents of the same name, and the address on the birth certificate is not one that they were at on any of the censuses so what do you think? Should I get the other certificates or do I have enough proof with this one??? Bev X

Thelma

Thelma Report 7 Apr 2005 18:48

Name: Harvey, Elizabeth Record Type: Births Quarter: June Year: 1885 District: West Derby County: Lancashire Volume: 8b Page: 406 This looks like her. Is this the one you ordered?

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 7 Apr 2005 19:19

Jim Yup this is the one I've got,> It's only since I've received it that I've had doubts..typical of me really:-) Bev X

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 7 Apr 2005 19:28

The evidence would suggest it is her. Same address, same parents. The age was probably mistranscribed by the enumerator. ( That's not something that's ever happened before:-)))))

Thelma

Thelma Report 7 Apr 2005 19:37

And there's me taking 15 away from 31 mar 1901 and coming up with a dob apl 1885-mar 1886. Ah well.

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 7 Apr 2005 19:54

Your cert would seem to say that she was 16 when she married - I see why you have doubts. Have you tried looking at 2 Cliffe St in 1891 to see who was there?(namesmay have been mis-transcribed). You may be able to do it by progressively finding the neighbours in 1901, looking them up in 1891 until you find one that is at the same place, then look down the street..... Peter

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 7 Apr 2005 22:12

Peter 1891 Census gives address as 23 Solway St and daughter as aged 5. Father is mistranscribed as John, and his job is differnet, but all other details tie up. Jim The censuses give my Elizabeths age as 5 in 1891 and 15 in 1901 but 6 months later she is 18 according to her marriage certificate, hence my fears:-) I think I might be being overly cautious, but I've been the other way before and ended up following the wrong family and it was a good six months and loads of rellies before I found out:-( Bev X

Kate

Kate Report 7 Apr 2005 22:48

Seems to me she was probably lying about her age when she got married. Kate.

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 7 Apr 2005 22:52

Kate I've had a large Bacardi and made a decision!!! This is my rellie!!!! The other Elizabeth Harvey's on the 1901 census in the right age range dont have the same parents names:-) SORTED:-) Bev X Now where are her parents from? Yup yet another one from Ireland...TYPICAL!!!!

Sue C

Sue C Report 7 Apr 2005 22:58

Oh Bev, My problem seems so small now!! Sue

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 7 Apr 2005 23:00

Sue I've never been to Ireland, but I'm sure gonna have to go, it seems that my whole family tree has links somewhere along the line:-) Off for a refill Bev X