Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Apprenticeship Records - Tailors

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Apr 2005 14:30

Does anyone have a clue where I can even begin to try and find records for Tailors? I have googled, searched and hunted till I'm blue in the face but nothing that tells me WHERE I can try and find them. After a run of cotton spinners and ag labs, I'm now inundated by Tailors in 3 different counties! Thanks Lou x

Irene

Irene Report 7 Apr 2005 14:35

Hi Lou I think all apprenticeships records are kept at Kew. You could ask if anyone is visiting there in the near future. Regards Irene

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Apr 2005 14:50

Thanks Irene I'm going to Kew in July but when I tried searching their catalogue, I couldn't see any references to Tailors in there which is why I wondered whether they were elsewhere Lou

Ross

Ross Report 7 Apr 2005 15:02

Hi Lou,youve probably done this already,but i just googled 'tailors guild records'and quite a few sites came up saying they have records..Hope this helps. Regards Ross.

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Apr 2005 15:02

Hi Barbara & Ross I've googled Worshipful Company of Tailors and Guild of Master Tailors but everything seemed to be for Australia, Eire or South Africa. Will give it a go now, thanks! Lou x