Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Two dads? info now added ;oP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zoe

Zoe Report 7 Apr 2005 10:36

see below as its complicated

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 7 Apr 2005 11:00

Zoe you fallen asleep?

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 7 Apr 2005 11:21

Jeanette i presume she's at work and has been called away to actually do some lol!!!

Zoe

Zoe Report 7 Apr 2005 12:21

got called into the worlds most pointless meeting for an hour and a half. its just comingn ow

Zoe

Zoe Report 7 Apr 2005 12:28

JAMES LINKSON c1799 married Sophia Strange. 4th June 1818 children: Alexander James, 1819-1866 Henry 1831-1869 Emma Abigail 1832-???? Harriet Caroline 1835-1838 in the same immediate area of London there is also: James Linkson and Charlotte???? children: Edward c1825-1891 William c1826-?? (poss moved to Aus) we have always pretty much assumed because of the dates of kids this was the same James philandering about but without confirmation. 1861 James, 60, Gardener Sophia 60 James, 41, gardener (this is alexander james) 29 Aug 1847 William Linkson 21, Fruiterer. F= James, fruiterer married Ann Veazey, 22 witnesses Edward Linkson and Ann Spicer* *edward and Ann married same time although dont have cert 1871 James Linkson, 70, gardener Sophia, 70 gardeners wife 1871/1881/1891 14 Popham Street Edward Linkson, scavenger (+wife and a TON of children) NOW - the only REAL piece of evidence I have to link the two James into being one man is his death cert 1876, James Linkson aged 77, roadman informant Sophia Linkson, widow of deceased place of death 14 Popham Street is this enough proof or should I still assume two men because of the occupations ? also: death 1858 Ann Linkson, 43 at islington workhouse. epileptic paralysis wife of William Linkson, dustman I was hoping this was Ann Veazey that married William (fruiterer) and the death cert was to confirm that William bogged off to Australia abandonning her. Theres a 10year age difference but the informant is from the workhouse which could account for that (and Williams job - all his nephews were scavengers/roadmen). any feedback appreciated Z xx

Zoe

Zoe Report 7 Apr 2005 12:35

should also point out here that I have every BMD Gro ref from 1837-2003 for the name Linkson and variants so I've ruled out there being any other possibilities

Shane

Shane Report 7 Apr 2005 13:00

Hi Zoe Maybe we now have to presume that Charlotte is actually Sophia and there has been a wrong entry somewhere with the names (take Ann and Nancy for example). To be honest i dont know about you but i have no idea where i got the James m Charloote info from in the first place so maybe there has been a mistake in the tree. Shane

Zoe

Zoe Report 7 Apr 2005 13:04

oooh - I was just about to email you Shane as you can see I have Ann's death cert but this morning I also got Emma daur of John birth - its interesting. send you the info asap Zoe

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 7 Apr 2005 14:01

Sorry Zoe Got caught up looking for someone in my tree. I was going to say the same as Shane, that perhaps Charlotte and Sophia were the same person. Are you and Shane related by any chance? Jeanette x

Zoe

Zoe Report 7 Apr 2005 14:20

Jeanette we might be - but we charge for access to our tree so you have to subscribe to find out how we're connected it's cheap - £59 + vat per year Zoe

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 7 Apr 2005 14:31

Is that -£59 as in minus £59? Sounds like a bargain. I think I'll subscribe! lol Jeanette x

Zoe

Zoe Report 7 Apr 2005 14:37

*raising eyebrow*

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 7 Apr 2005 14:39

*cowers behind the desk*

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 7 Apr 2005 15:06

Zoe I notice you are no longer O'er the Border. When are you coming down south? You need to check those baptisms. There may not be an address and the occupations may be rudimentary, but you don't know until you've looked. Also, Ann's admission to the workhouse may tell you something. At the very last, an address. And when she died, was she buried by friends, or the workhouse?

Zoe

Zoe Report 7 Apr 2005 15:14

Brenda I'll be down for the SoG Fair at the end of the month and then back and forward until 1st June when I should be officially English again. where would I get Islington workhouse records? at the LMA? Zoe

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 7 Apr 2005 15:21

Hi Zoe, yes they should be at LMA. I don't know what survival rates are like for Islington, but there's masses of stuff for Lambeth. LMA's website ought to tell you what they've got.

Zoe

Zoe Report 7 Apr 2005 15:35

woo HOOO just phned and checked. LMA have complete records of admissions, admin, discharge etc etc for 1858 so I should be able to find her. Thats my day sorted for April 29th then ;o))) Zoe