Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Local Record Office - Birth Cert

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanne

Joanne Report 7 Apr 2005 08:11

Been having a dilemma as to having two possible matches for a birth cert I need. I've seen people say how they've rung up the local record office for the area and got help. If I do that would it save me ordering both of them? I have a little info on her

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 7 Apr 2005 09:20

Morning Joanne Quite a few local register offices are very helpful and you can order certs from them - although the London area offices tend not to do it anymore. When I ring my local office for a cert, I give them the name, year and quarter of event and a point of reference such as fathers name. The register office may even ring you back and check with you before sending the cert out. Good Luck! Jeanette x

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Apr 2005 09:33

Joanne make sure you ring the local register office, not the records office. There's a list here: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/RegOffice/ nell

Joanne

Joanne Report 7 Apr 2005 09:50

Thanks =)