Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Army Question for Peter Walker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lilly the flower

Lilly the flower Report 6 Apr 2005 21:54

Hi, Peter, hope you don't mind me asking, but I seem to remember somewhere on the boards, you knew quite a lot about the 'services' if so, my question is, My grandmothers brother John was born in America abt 1872 they then came back to England, would he have been called up to fight in WW1, do you think? as he was born in America. just trying to find his death and can't find it on the commonwealth boards or anywhere at the moment lol. so, just wondering really. thank you

Peter

Peter Report 7 Apr 2005 20:01

As he was 1/in his 40s at the start of ww1 and 2/ posably still a US citiven I dout if he was called up. He could of volenterd and served that way. Check out his name in the Medal cards if he did serve his name should be there.

Lilly the flower

Lilly the flower Report 7 Apr 2005 21:12

Hi Peter, thank you for your answer, I will try the medal rolls, I didn't think of that. thank you.... Lilly ps you aren't by any chance related to the 'Walkers' in Christchurch, Dorset, just a thought.