Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

i need to delete someone

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tinkers

tinkers Report 6 Apr 2005 20:38

hello i have put 2 of the same ladys in the tree she has 3 kids i have managed to get rid of 2 kids but third on is married and is listed in her own side of tree but i cant seen to get rid of this third child so i can get rid of there mam can someone please explain how i can get rid

tinkers

tinkers Report 6 Apr 2005 21:18

thanks for replys i have managed to delete 2 kids but 3rd kid won be deleted he has wife but no kids but even wife wont delete for some reason all this just to delete one lady lol

Abigail

Abigail Report 6 Apr 2005 23:24

Me too, I kept getting the message that if they were connected in more than one way I could not delete them. After hours of messing about I deleted the whole lot and started again - so I have a very small tree now! Abigail

Bill

Bill Report 7 Apr 2005 04:23

> cant seen to get rid of this third child I presume you are referring to doing this directly to your tree here on the GR web site (if not what are you referring to?!?). In general its *a lot easier* if you do it in the genealogy software on your own PC and then generate a new GEDCOM file and upload it to GR to update the tree you have on line here at GR, to expose to others as you decide is appropriate. Most PC (and Mac) based genealogy software gives you reasonable flexibility in terms of detaching relationships etc. Cheers, Bill Sydney, Australia