Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I just cant find this one - Newcastle 1791

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 6 Apr 2005 15:40

Hi All I am looking for some advice really. I am having a problem locating the birth of Joseph Stoddart, born around 1791 in Tynemouth, Northumberland. On LDS I have found a record but it only shows his marriage, not his parents or any christening dates etc. I don't know which church he married in so cant find records that way. There are records for tynemouth online in GENUKI but of course there is one section missing and thats the one I need. Does anyone have any suggestions or can anyone locate him please? I would be really grateful Lindsey

Joe ex Bexleyheath

Joe ex Bexleyheath Report 6 Apr 2005 23:13

Suggestion: If you go to the archive you will probably find him IF you are confident he was born in that area :- Tyne and Wear Archives Service Archon Code : 183 Contact Details Blandford House Blandford Square Newcastle Upon Tyne NE1 4JA England Tel: 0191 232 6789 Website: http://www.thenortheast(.)com/archives/index.html remove brackets

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 7 Apr 2005 00:25

have sent you an email

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 7 Apr 2005 09:14

Many thanks to both of you for your advice. I wil certainly try what you suggested Joseph, and thanks for the death info Valerie. I was unaware of this. Your help is much appreciated. Lindsey

Joan

Joan Report 7 Apr 2005 10:05

There are these Stoddart Select records to download - (50 maximum) 1. JOSEPH STODARD - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 23 OCT 1767 Christ Church, Tynemouth, Northumberland, England 2. ROBERT STODDARD - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 31 JUL 1774 Christ Church, Tynemouth, Northumberland, England prev | next Prepare selected records for download parents of these two were Jospeh Stoddart and Mary.....looks like the same family...but earlier...parents perhaps Good hunting Joan