Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Scotsman Archives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 6 Apr 2005 09:17

I've just been sent this e-mail from a relative in Canada. Hope it may help someone. See below, Sue xx

Sue

Sue Report 6 Apr 2005 09:17

Hello Everyone, Great Scotsman! On April 6-Tartan Day-the Scotsman newspaper will offer free access to its new Scotsman Digital Archive. The searchable archive contains every issue of the paper from 1817 to 1950. The 24-hour offer is open to residents of the United States and Canada who register at http://archive.scotsman(.)com on April 6, starting at midnight Eastern Daylight Time. Normally, 24 hours of access to the archive costs 7.95 pounds (about $15).

JosieByCoast

JosieByCoast Report 6 Apr 2005 11:32

What a SHAME those of us who live in the UK can't benefit from this, very very very very very very very very SAD

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Apr 2005 12:00

Good for the Canadians but not good for us in Oz.

Barbara

Barbara Report 6 Apr 2005 13:32

Hi Sue, I am registered at the Scotsman (and have been for years). I live in Canada and have not received this email that your friend received. I went in to have a look at the Digital Archive and all I can find is a few articles thay have opened for Tartan week - no freebees that I can see for anyone! Hope your friend enjoys their access to it. Barbara