Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WELSH 1891 CENSUS.??????????????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ted

Ted Report 5 Apr 2005 20:25

HI ALL, is the WELSH 1891 CENSUS combined with the ENGLISH one, or is it seperate? In other words if you say ive searched the 1891 census thoroughly does that include the WEKSH census. Not explaing my very well am I. I'm looking for my wifes g/g/grandfather and cant find him on the 11891 census ANYWHERE. Could he be living in WALES. Better stop before I confuse everybody. TED.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 5 Apr 2005 20:35

Ancesty has the 1891 Wales as a seperate one, I hate all those Welsh names ( apologies to any Welsh people reading this. ) If you don't have Ancestry, post the details Linda

Ted

Ted Report 5 Apr 2005 20:49

linda. names as follows; THOMAS LEE age 42 born MANCHESTER. ALBERT age 14 born DUNDEE, HENRY age 9 born MANCHESTER, WINIFRED MAUD, age 8, born MANCHESTER, JAMES age 7, born MANCHESTER, He left his wife at home in LIVERPOOL with the other half of his family. TED.

Nantwich

Nantwich Report 5 Apr 2005 21:00

Hi Ted Is this him in Wales in 1891??? Name:Lee, Thomas Age in 1891:42 Relation:Lodger Gender:Male Where Born:Manchester, Lancashire Civil parish:Aberystruth Ecclesiastical parish: St MichaelTown: County:Monmouthshire  RG12/4353 He's lodging at 22, Bridge Street and he's listed as an auctioneer. Sarah x

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 5 Apr 2005 21:00

Might this be him? Name: Lee, Thomas Age in 1891: 42 Relation: Lodger Gender: Male Where Born: Manchester, Lancashire Civil parish: Aberystruth Ecclesiastical parish: St Michael Town: County: Monmouthshire Source information: RG12/4353 Registration district: Bedwellty Sub registration district: Aberystruth ED, institution, or vessel: 12 Folio: 71 Page: 5 (click to see others on page) No children with him though. To note - Monmouthshire is NOW considered Wales, but back then it wasn't.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 5 Apr 2005 21:05

Lee, Thomas Age in 1891: 42 Relation: Lodger Gender: Male Where Born: Manchester, Lancashire Civil parish: Aberystruth Ecclesiastical parish: St Michael Town: County: Monmouthshire Bridge Street an auctioneer, seems to have lost the kids on the way. I will have another look

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 5 Apr 2005 21:17

I can't find the kids in 1891, i think he sold them to the gypsies. Linda