Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Burial Index

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Liz

Liz Report 5 Apr 2005 16:30

I notice there are often offers for lookups in the Burial Index. Is this a country wide index, does it cover every one who has been buried?. Sorry to sound a bit thick but am relatively new to this. Thanx very much. :-)))))

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Apr 2005 16:33

Elizabeth I'm not too sure about coverage but I can tell you right now that it does NOT cover everyone who has been buried. I don't think there is a single website any where that is comprehensive about anything - births, baptisms, marriages, deaths, burials, censuses. You could put what you want as a request on the Records Board and people that have the discs will soon let you know what's what. There are also some bits of the NBI available at a cost on Family history online, but you can check which counties (which parts of which county too) and which dates are included before you pay. nell

Liz

Liz Report 5 Apr 2005 16:40

Nell Thanx very much will give it a go. Liz