Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841,1851.1861 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 5 Apr 2005 14:36

Does anyone know of a website that I can access the above census records.

Sandra

Sandra Report 5 Apr 2005 14:39

They aren't all online yet,but these have some freecen has some, 1837 online has some 1861, sussex weald has some 1841/51 or you can google area census and it might bring up some. You can buy some census from the relevant records office, or from genealogical suppliers lik S&N hope this helps sandra

Sophie

Sophie Report 5 Apr 2005 14:41

I am not sure whetehr there is a website for the 1841/1851 censuses, as i have never seen one before; some members might have but i only know of the 1861 census on the 1837 website, but that hasn't been completed yeat and only has about 5/6 counties on there, it depends what county you are looking for? If you go on the site, it will tell you what counties are there and what will be coming soon! LMP :))))))))

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Apr 2005 15:21

Transcripts for bits of the country are available (you have to pay) on Family History Online. For example, it has Buckinghamshire 1851; Cambridgeshire 1841 & 1851. Check on the 'what databases are available' before you part with your money though, as they may not have what you want. Bits of the 1851 Gloucestershire census are also online transcribed by Gordon Beavington - google to find, or follow the links from Genuki pages on Gloucestershire. nell

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 5 Apr 2005 15:44

1841 Warwickshire is being done at present & some areas already online. Do google search for '1841 census warwickshire' & go to the website with 'huminex' in the address. I've found it very good.