Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry.com

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 5 Apr 2005 12:59

Could someone please tell me how to unsubscribe to this site. I have had a look on there and cant find how to do it, and until I say STOP, they keep taking the money from my card. Thanking you in advance. Michelle x

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 5 Apr 2005 13:19

I think you have to email them. That's what I had to do to cancel my trial version. Question How do I cancel my Ancestry.com account? Answer If you are within the United States and wish to cancel a paid subscription or discuss your billing history with one of our Account Services Representatives, please call 1-800-262-3787. Simply select option #4 at the teleprompt to speak to an Account Services representative who can cancel your account and will give you a confirmation number verifying the cancellation. Account Services is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to process cancellation requests via email. If you are an international subscriber and are unable to use the toll free number above, please dial the appropriate country code for the United States from your location, followed by 801-705-7620 or send a message to 'internationalcancelsonly at ancestry*com' and provide the following information: First and Last Name Username Subscription type (e.g. U.S. Records Collection, U.S. Federal Census Images, etc.) Email address used when subscribing Phone number including country code Country After processing your email request we will send a reply, including confirmation of the cancellation. PLEASE NOTE: As indicated previously in this Knowledge Base answer, the above email address is for International members only. US members will be unable to cancel via email. The stuff in ' needs to be an email address, so change at to what it should be and * to .

BABZ...

BABZ... Report 5 Apr 2005 13:39

This is from a newsletter I get via email....... Might be a contact point somewhere in it for you?? Subscribe to Ancestry.com Subscribe to Ancestry.com and get access to over 2 billion names from the comfort of your home--24 hours a day, seven days a week. For information about the various Ancestry.*com subscription packages, visit: http://www.*ancestry.*com/rd/signup.*htm Ancestry http://www.*ancestry.*com/rd/home.htm Ancestry Help: http://ancestry.*custhelp.*com/ Sales: 1-800-ANCESTRY If you would like to contact Ancestry.*com directly, please write to: MyFamily.*com, Inc., 360 West 4800 North, Provo UT 84604, Attn: Customer Service. remove * Good luck ...Babz

Bill

Bill Report 6 Apr 2005 03:16

>internationalcancelsonly at ancestry(.)com I've found the above address useless for cancellations as they never seem to actually read messages sent to it. However cancellation messages sent to .... cancel at ancestry(.)com ..... do usually get a prompt response. Cheers, Bill Sydney, Australia

Gary

Gary Report 6 Apr 2005 07:21

in the short term to stop them taking more money from your card, go to my ancestry, account details and on the bit which lists what credit card they take subs from alter a number there, so your card number is wrong and press update info, then they can no longer collect money from your card and they soon email asking if you want to continue subscribing. and you reply no

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Apr 2005 09:30

Hiya Could you also not get in touch with your card company and cancel it from there? If you inform your card company that they were not supposed to take the payment, they may even refund/cancel the payment that has already been taken. Good luck Vikki xx