Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

thanks for your help with GRO

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 5 Apr 2005 09:00

UPDATE this is all been sorted thanks to all concerned just leave this here till they see thank you's Lara

Heather

Heather Report 5 Apr 2005 09:05

Hello lara, you will also need the volume and page no. and area. If you have them check I think its about £11.50 instead of £7. Ive just thought !! As you KNOW the name of the groom, thats all you will need with the reference!! No need to have the brides name checked.

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 5 Apr 2005 09:09

you only need the blokes name, quarter, volume number etc. You don't have to know the wife's name

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 5 Apr 2005 09:14

Marriages Jun 1854 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Foreman Elizabeth Birmingham 6d 205 Smith Isaac Birmingham 6d 205 Smith Joseph Birmingham 6d 205 Veale Elizabeth Birmingham 6d 205 You need the name..Isaac Smith Quarter June year 1854 Marriage 6d 205

Heather

Heather Report 5 Apr 2005 09:22

I wonder if Joe was related to your Isaac? Anyway, Karen has now given you everything you need to order the cert online for £7. Just click on marriages and fill in as much as you can with Isaac's details - no need for the bride. Good luck.

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 5 Apr 2005 10:01

Thank you all this is service just went to have my dinner( in Australia you know) and you've all been here helping me so grateful as I've now started on hubbies side and thought oh my goodness how will these work but thanks to you I'm going ok so far and when I get the certificate I can keep going thanks again one and all Lara

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 5 Apr 2005 10:17

Heather ou know I didn't even see that the other groom was Joseph Smith when I found the marriage so maybe they are brothers . thanks Karen when they ask me if I have the GRO Index is the page and vol. that you gave me that or something different please as doing it now mate Love Lara xx

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 5 Apr 2005 10:21

yes........the GRO number is the Volume & page no. Took me a long time to figure it all out as well. Have fun !

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 5 Apr 2005 10:34

thanks again Karen Lara

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 5 Apr 2005 10:46

You'll all be pleased to know I DID IT thanks again Lara

Heather

Heather Report 5 Apr 2005 12:38

Well done Lara! Now you can wait with anticipation of that big white envelope with its secrets.