Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LDS Computer Printout Puzzle

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 4 Apr 2005 19:16

See below

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 4 Apr 2005 19:22

Having consigned the Holdens to the eternal flames of Hell in a fit of temper I am now pursuing another line - the Whittakers - of whom I know nothing at all. I found on the IGI a baptism which interests me, however when I look at the source, it is a 'Computer Print-Out of Baptisms for the area'. I have always used film of the actual registers before and I am puzzled as to why this CPO gives no clue as to which Churches are transcribed. Is it likely to be a waste of time ordering it? Who does/did these computer print-outs, and what is their source material? I am also a bit worried that this is the only baptism which appears for this family - they lived in the same few streets for over forty years. Can anyone enlighten me? Hate to burn another family before I've even got them smouldering! Marjorie