Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 site.....New free trial....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane-Lee

Diane-Lee Report 4 Apr 2005 14:50

I have just been on 1901 and they are having a free trial of Intelligent person search. This may help anyone who has been unable to 'find' a lost relative. Apologies if you all know about this Diane

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 4 Apr 2005 14:53

well that leaves me out !! Are there any intelligent people out there ??? LOL

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 4 Apr 2005 14:56

How do we get access to it? I had a quick look, but I couldn't see what you mean. (Must mean I'm not intelligent enough lol)

Diane-Lee

Diane-Lee Report 4 Apr 2005 14:58

Hi Karen Lol-me too! Just been back rechecking it and got an error 800msge ..... Probably just teething problems.... Diane

Diane-Lee

Diane-Lee Report 4 Apr 2005 15:02

Tracey on person search when I was using it I only got a few results-it appeared on that results page and said for a limited time free Intelligent person search-it then had a box to use that search I hope this makes sense!! Diane

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 4 Apr 2005 15:04

It musn't like me lol I don't get anything like that. Do you have to be logged in? Ohhhh I got it now - my search brought up no results. Looks quite clever. Wonder how much it's gonna cost in future...

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 4 Apr 2005 15:08

When I tried it, it produced some very strange results, so far removed from what I was looking for as to be useless. And unless I am mistaken, you don't get to view the image, so what is so special about it? (Not that I want something for nothing...not!)

Diane-Lee

Diane-Lee Report 4 Apr 2005 15:08

I have just tried it again- Its gone-LOL!!! I can`t be intelligent enough to use it now! I think they must be having problems with it & have pulled it for now. Diane

JosieByCoast

JosieByCoast Report 4 Apr 2005 15:09

I've just had a look on the site but can't find anything like it. Last Friday though I did see something similar about a free search but when I clicked on it I also got the error message and I haven't seen it again since. Because it was on Friday I thought someone was doing an April fool on the site.