Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Grrrrrrr

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris

Chris Report 4 Apr 2005 13:47

Hi All just feel like ranting!! cannot find the marriage of Minnie Eliza Smith & John Evans. would have been in Middlesex - possibly Fulham area 1895-1906..been searching for a year. on 1837online & Free BMD. Would open up so many doors if i could find it!!! GRRRRRRR

Helen

Helen Report 4 Apr 2005 13:54

Can you not find them in 1901 so you can narrow down the marriage dates a bit? Post a few more details, ages etc. and we'll see what we can find

Chris

Chris Report 4 Apr 2005 13:59

Cannot find the family on any census :( But i have Minnies, Birth & death cert....on the death it says widow of John Evans - painter and decorator. Minnie was born in 1871 - Gunnersbury. Middlesex Just frustrating that I cannot find the marriage or census details...maybe this was minnie's 2nd marriage so her surname would not have been Smith. who knows! thanks all for your help - I have no record on John, ie date of birth, place of birth.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 4 Apr 2005 14:02

From 1881 Samuel Smith abt 1844 Chiswick, Middlesex, England Head Chiswick Marie W. Smith abt 1842 Hammersmith, Middlesex, England Wife Chiswick Samuel E. Smith abt 1869 Turnham Green, Middlesex, England Son Chiswick ****Minnie E. Smith abt 1872 Gunnersbury, Middlesex, England Daughter Chiswick Frederick W. Smith abt 1876 Gunnersbury, Middlesex, England Son Chiswick Alice M. Smith abt 1878 Gunnersbury, Middlesex, England Daughter Chiswick Sydney John Smith abt 1881 Gunnersbury, Middlesex, England Son Chiswick Harriett Whitton abt 1859 London, Middlesex, England Boarder Chiswick Not with parents in 1891.. Smith, Samuel 45 Chiswick, London Head Chiswick Middlesex Smith, Mary W 49 Hammersmith, London Wife Chiswick Middlesex Smith, Alice M 13 Chiswick, London Daughter Chiswick Middlesex Smith, Sidney J 10 Chiswick, London Son Chiswick Middlesex Smith, Emily M 7 Chiswick, London Daughter Chiswick Middlesex

Trudy

Trudy Report 4 Apr 2005 14:11

Hi Chris Just had a good look for both of them on FreeBMD (1895 - 1910) and no luck at present. Trudy

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 4 Apr 2005 14:24

1891 census there is a JOHN EVANS 39 born Holland Middlesex occ painter and decorator.His wife is Annie born London age 21.Just solved a puzzle on another thread for someone looking for Coughlin.The census had them as Leverence.The middle name for the head was LAURENCE.The image didnt say Coughlin so mistakes are made thats why we cant always find people

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Apr 2005 16:49

Chris Not all marriages made their way to the GRO indexes. I have a missing one - fairly certain that there WAS a marriage and have a period of less than 3 years in which it must have taken place BUT no idea where other than in London somewhere! I sympathise. nell

Chris

Chris Report 4 Apr 2005 18:50

Thanks all for your input, much appreciated. Tracy you scored a direct hit there on both counts.. too bad she does not appear on 1901. Chris.... I have basically searched 1837 online for roughly the period 1885-1915 under the surname Smith...Christian name Minnie (keepin an eye out for all districts) & searched for John Evans's in middlesex on free bmd for the same period and checked if any of the spouses is a Minnie Eliza. But Generally have kept to the Middlesex/London area. Margaret - I will check that census return out - just in case. Maybe the marriage did never make the Gro Index, will have to find a back door way to gather more info about Johns Family! Chris.

Kim

Kim Report 4 Apr 2005 21:33

there is an Eliza M Smith Down as sister in law with her mother Mary 1901, both born Brentford Middx? Could Minnie have swapped her names over? Kim