Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help to find HAVENLAND

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SuzyQ

SuzyQ Report 4 Apr 2005 06:14

Can anyone help me to find my 3G grandmother I have found her on the 1871 census. Eliza Jane Talford age 70 born Attercliffe Yorkshire Wife Isaac Talford age 32 born Rotherham Son John Talford age 69 Born Sheffiled Head. I know, through a family bible that Eliza Jane' maiden name was HAVENLAND. I have searched Ancestry, BMD and Familysearch with no luck. Can anyone help or make a suggestion. Thanks Susan

Crista

Crista Report 4 Apr 2005 06:50

Susan, Are you sure the name isn't Havenhand? There are no Havenlands anywhere. The name doesn't seem to exist. Crista

SuzyQ

SuzyQ Report 5 Apr 2005 05:16

Hi Crista, I will try Havenhand, but I did find some Havenlands on the 1971 census living in Derbyshire, and on the 1891 census living in yorkshire. and 1901 living in Middlesex, non of which tied in with my havenland? Thanks for the tip will try now Susan have spent the last hour looking for eliza jane Havenhand with no luck.