Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

wrong certificate....help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 1 Apr 2005 14:29

I just got my first certificate this morning, and its the wrong one. Is there any chance someone could find his birth for me. I have the marriage certificate with some info on, but I desperatly want the right birth certificate. Could someone find me his birth. The info on the marriage certificate is as follows. Jonathon Wilson age 24, married to Susannah Foulger 22, married 29th March 1890, at St Annes church, parish of St Andrews Aukland Durham. Both fathers named as Robert Wilson and Robert Foulger. Jonathon lived Toronto Bishop Aukland and Susannah in Southchurch. Any information or advice would be brilliant. Leex

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 1 Apr 2005 14:35

Do you want Jonathan or Susannah's birth? Birth Mar 1868 Wilson Jonathan Auckland 10a 207 Births Dec 1865 Wilson Jonathan Auckland 10a 207 I can't find Susannah under the spelling Foulger or Foulgar. Births Mar 1868 Fowlger Susannah Auckland 10a 216 That's why lol

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 1 Apr 2005 14:46

Hi Tracey It was Jonathons birth I was after, brilliant thanks so much for the help. Lee

Karen

Karen Report 1 Apr 2005 17:27

Lee When ordering the birth cert you could put in a checking reference i.e. in this case the father's name (Robert). GRO will then check that the birth cert for the reference you provide indicates the father's name you are expecting. If it doesn't then they will let you know and will not charge you the full price (you also don't end up with a certificate that is not yours). Reference checking helps ease the costs if you are having to make guesses arouund which potential relative is the correct one. Karen

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 1 Apr 2005 17:31

1871 census - might this be your man? Name Age in 1871 Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island View Image Esther Wilson 35 Hamshare, Durham, England Wife Coundon Durham Hannah Wilson 7 months New Coundon, Durham, England Daughter Coundon Durham **Jonathan Wilson 5 New Coundon, Durham, England Son Coundon Durham Matthew Wilson 11 New Coundon, Durham, England Son Coundon Durham Robert Wilson 45 Etherley, Durham, England Head Coundon Durham Robert Wilson 13 Cauneyhead, Durham, England Son Coundon Durham Thomas Wilson 15 New Coundon, Durham, England Son Coundon Durham Coundon is in Auckland. 1881? Household: Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability Robert WILSON Head M Male 54 St Helens Auckland, Durham, England Coal Miner Esther WILSON Wife M Female 45 St Helens Auckland, Durham, England Robert WILSON Son U Male 23 Coundon, Durham, England Coal Miner Jonathan WILSON Son U Male 15 Coundon, Durham, England Coal Miner Hannah WILSON Daur U Female 10 Coundon, Durham, England Scholar William WILSON Son Male 7 St Helens Auckland, Durham, England Scholar Esther WILSON Daur Female 5 Coundon, Durham, England Scholar -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling Toronto Census Place Newton Cap, Durham, England Family History Library Film 1342184 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 4925 / 99 Page Number 30 Using that info, I'd go for the 1865 birth, unless that's the one you bought already!! If so, have a look on 1837 or FamilyRelatives, and you're bound to find more Jonathan Wilson's on there (they're complete, FreeBMD isn't, especially for the 1860s period)

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 1 Apr 2005 18:46

Thankyou Karen for your help Chloe..thanks I think thats the correct family. The birth certificate I ordered was an 1866 birth so I will try the 1865 this time Thanks once again for everyones help. Lee