Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 lookup PLEASE.X desperate.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

chezzy

chezzy Report 31 Mar 2005 16:28

hiya a lady advised me to try 1891 to find William King b.1881c (location unknown) the info i have on him is from his marriage cert to Catherine mcmanus dated 21st june 1902..states william is 21 and Catherine 19 bachelor/spinster williams dad is william king=quarryman.catherines is John mcmanus(deceased)breadmaker. so could someone check for a william king aged around 10 with a father william possibly quarryman..possibly around the lancs area please please please.......thankyou.x

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 31 Mar 2005 16:34

101 William King's age 10. 7 living in Lancs. 0/7 have father William

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Mar 2005 16:36

Where were they married?

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 31 Mar 2005 16:37

They married in Bacup, but they aren't there in 1901. (We already looked there)

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Mar 2005 16:38

Tracy, How did you come up with the 101? I am v experienced at Genealogy, but a novice at Surfing. Do you have the CD, or is there a website with a master index?

chezzy

chezzy Report 31 Mar 2005 16:39

hi thankyou!! grandpa jim william married in st marys rc church,bacup lancs in june 1902 to Catherine mcmanus. ive not much else to go on ..im not that advanced at research unfortunately so appreciate ANY help first major hic up ive come too.x

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 31 Mar 2005 16:39

I use Ancestry. It tells you at the top how many results you get for what ever search criteria you put in.

chezzy

chezzy Report 31 Mar 2005 16:40

tracy..sorry im such a pain!! i dnt know how im going to narrow it down any??

Nikki

Nikki Report 31 Mar 2005 16:41

Found this.... King, Abraham 7 Hoghton, Lancashire Son Hoghton Lancashire King, Elizabeth 1 Hoghton, Lancashire Daughter Hoghton Lancashire King, Ellen 42 pleasington, Lancashire Wife Hoghton Lancashire King, Ellen 5 Hoghton, Lancashire Daughter Hoghton Lancashire King, Lucy 13 Hoghton, Lancashire Daughter Hoghton Lancashire King, Noah 11 Hoghton, Lancashire Son Hoghton Lancashire King, William 48 Hoghton, Lancashire Head Hoghton Lancashire - Foreman Platelayer King, William 9 Hoghton, Lancashire Son Hoghton Lancashire

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 31 Mar 2005 16:41

Don't worry about it Cherie :) Our ancestors are there to cause trouble lol I've been trying to think of a way all day :)

chezzy

chezzy Report 31 Mar 2005 16:43

thanks tracy(your my saint today! :) )thanks nikki will jot that down as they are all possiblities!! Does anyone want to swop rellies please??? open to all possibilities/help and advice please.x

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 31 Mar 2005 16:46

That's closer than I got Nikki lol

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 31 Mar 2005 16:48

You can have mine and try to work out who goes with who if you want :) I got a load of Williams all born around the same time (before 1837) and marrying the same woman - Elizabeth or Mary lol I'm off home now. I'll check in on you later tonight :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Mar 2005 16:55

Hoghton looks like a good bet. It is halfway between Preston and Blackburn. He could easily have gone to Bury to work. Let's not make the mistake of thinking once a Platelayer always a platelayer. People did change their jobs.

chezzy

chezzy Report 31 Mar 2005 17:13

Thankyou All!!!!!!!!! something to work with...if anyone comes up with any other ideas..be gladly accepted.will try and find birth references ..and send for cert(will know if its him for def).thanks again.xx