Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 Census help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen

Helen Report 31 Mar 2005 15:53

A friend has asked me to find out who was living in her house in 1901 but it's not turning out to be as easy as I thought. i've tried through Ancestry and the government 1901 sites but I can only find places a few streets away. The road is Morley Street in Sheffield. I know the Ecclesiastical Parish is St John the Baptist (Owlerton) and I think the Civil Parish is Nether Hallam but I'm not definate on that, might just be out of that area. Can anyone come up with a piece/folio for Morley Street please? I can then print the image from Ancestry.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 31 Mar 2005 15:58

I just found it on the Pro site... 15 Morley St | Y |Sheffield | Nether Hallam | Owlerton St John The Baptist | Hallam | Sheffield | Nether Hallam Don't have any credits though. What number were you after? They're gonna be on different pages. Viewing records 21-40 of 7,425 matches for: Owlerton St John The Baptist lol Oh well.

Helen

Helen Report 31 Mar 2005 16:05

My friend lives at number 15........spooky how you knew...... I can find it now. You have to put in St instead of Street for it to come up. I thought it would give you the folio and page though and it doesn't. At least I know it's there so I'll go back to Ancestry and try again as I don't have any credit for the PRO site either. I've been scrolling through pages of Nether Hallam all afternoon!

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 31 Mar 2005 16:08

lol - I must be :) You could ask if anyone has the disks to see if they can find it for you. It might be indexed.

Helen

Helen Report 31 Mar 2005 16:15

I'm getting closer. It's somewhere on RG13 4343 ? ?

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 31 Mar 2005 16:17

Oh that's not too bad - only 1633 people to go through lol