Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ANYBODY BORED? I'M STUCK!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Laura

Laura Report 31 Mar 2005 15:25

HI, I AM LOOKING FOR THOMAS PEACH AND HIS WIFE MARY. THOMAS WAS BORN 1816 AS WAS HIS WIFE MARY. THEY HAD A SON THOMAS BORN 1835 BEESTON NOTTS. I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT WHERE THE THE PARENTS WERE BORN. I cannot see them in 1851 but they are at 10 Nether Street in 1841. ALSO I HAVE THOMAS COX PEACH (SON) 1871 ONWARDS BUT CANT FIND HIS PARENTS AT ALL. CAN ANYONE HELP? THANKS EVERYBODY, LAURA XX

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 31 Mar 2005 15:38

There is a Thomas and Mary Peach, with a son and grandson, both called George in Nottingham on the 1871 census on Ancestry. Mary was born Beeston, and Thomas born Mansfield. It gives their ages as 58 and 57, but I don't always take notice of ages on the census. Thomas was a lacemaker. I've saved the image if you are interested. Have also found them on the 1881 with grandson George, 13, although he is described as son. Kath. x

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Mar 2005 15:38

How do you get the 1842 and 1851 census? Gloria

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Mar 2005 15:39

Laura I presume you've looked on www.familysearch.org? On the 1841 are they both born in or out of county? If in, then start with parishes nearest Nether Street and where their son was born and you will have to go through the parish registers. If they aren't there, just go outwards in a radius - I was told that before railways made big journeys easier and pre-industrial revolution, most people travelled a maximum of 10 miles from their birthplace in their lifetime. nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Mar 2005 15:41

Gloria 1841 is partially available on English origins - you have to pay. 1851 some counties are available on CD. Otherwise you have to go to the Family Records Centre in London which has all the UK censuses available to the public; or the county records offices which have their area. only. nell

David

David Report 31 Mar 2005 15:42

This is the family Seaarch 1881 census, presumably the son. Household: Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability Thomas C. PEACH Head M Male 46 Beeston, Nottingham, England Lace Maker Mary A. PEACH Wife M Female 46 London Blackfriars, London, Middlesex, England Ellen E. PEACH Daur U Female 23 Nottingham, England Cigar Maker Mary A. PEACH Daur U Female 19 Nottingham, England Cigar Maker Eliza J. PEACH Daur U Female 14 Nottingham, England Cigar Maker Jane H. PEACH Daur U Female 12 Nottingham, England Scholar Harry E. PEACH Son U Male 10 Nottingham, England Scholar Minnie S. PEACH Daur U Female 8 Nottingham, England Scholar -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling 58 Newcastle St Census Place Nottingham St Mary, Nottingham, England David

Laura

Laura Report 31 Mar 2005 15:48

THANKS DAVID I HAVE THAT ONE ALREADY. IT IS MORE HIS PARENTS THAT I AM SEARCHING FOR X KATH, THAT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD SEND ME A COPY I'LL SEND YOU MY ADDRESS, MANY THANKS X HELEN, I DONT HAVE AN ACTUAL COPY OF THAT CENSUS JUST A FEW DETAILS FROM ANOTHER MEMBER WHO I CANT NOW FIND! BUT THANKS, I'LL TRY THAT X THANKS ALL X

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Mar 2005 15:58

Thanks Helen