Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tillot

Tillot Report 31 Mar 2005 15:07

See Below

Tillot

Tillot Report 31 Mar 2005 15:10

I'm thinking of getting the 1861 Staffs census. My question is, I'm sure someone on this board once mentioned a site (that a man runs, don't know his name!) that sells census' but you can just buy specific areas. In other words, you don't have to buy the whole Staffs census but can just get a certain part of Staffs. Hope I'm making sense and does anyone know what I'm talking about? Many Thanks Helen

Tillot

Tillot Report 31 Mar 2005 16:28

I'm beginning to think I've imagined it!

Geoff

Geoff Report 31 Mar 2005 17:28

See if you can find your folks here: http://www.griffs4bears.*co.uk/census/home.html

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 1 Apr 2005 11:04

You're probably looking for Rod Neep's Archive CD Books site. I haven't checked whether you can get Staffs censuses in piecemeal (although this is certainly true for some), but this is the address: http://www.rod-neep.co.uk This month's special offer seems to be Suffolk. Christine

Sam

Sam Report 1 Apr 2005 14:27

You can can get other Staffs census in 'bits'. I have bought North Staffs 1851 but you can buy it piece by piece from www.genfair(.)com amongst other places. I haven't had much luck finding the 1861 yet so if you find it, let me know where you had it from! Good luck Sam

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 1 Apr 2005 14:37

Hi Helen Archive CD Books sometimes do censuses in parts Jeanette x