Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tip - don't try and do this in a TV advert break!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KarenInScotland

KarenInScotland Report 31 Mar 2005 01:35

KarenInScotland

KarenInScotland Report 31 Mar 2005 01:39

I am being driven mad by this addiction to this site and the family history hobby! Everytime I tear myself away and sit down to watch TV in an advert break I just 'pop' back on for a quick look and there I am at least an hour later having missed the end of everything I have been watching. Last night I tuned to a programme to find the final scene with credits rolling, thought never mind its on again on the +1 channel, went to make a cup of tea in the break (via here) and returned to the TV to find EXACTLY the same scene, plus credits running - one hour later. Where does the time go? Hubby wondering why we are paying for Sky TV these days. Karen

KarenInScotland

KarenInScotland Report 31 Mar 2005 01:39

Vivienne - sorry if I disappointed you!

KarenInScotland

KarenInScotland Report 31 Mar 2005 01:47

Vivienne - I've probably managed half of ER even given the repeats, got sky plus now and just worked out it records a series - could be the answer! PS: yep - the other could probably be fitted in during an advert break - 3 minutes isn't it?!

Carrie

Carrie Report 31 Mar 2005 01:59

If either of you know whats been going on with 'Desparate Housewifes' I would love to know, I missed it for TWO weeks and again tonight, I can't believe it.Grrrrrrrrrrr I love this 'hobby' and wouldn't give it up for the world! or TV! Carrie

KarenInScotland

KarenInScotland Report 31 Mar 2005 02:06

Carrie - sorry never watched it, only because it would be another series to keep missing! Maybe they have a web 'story so far' - or is that really sad?

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 31 Mar 2005 08:23

Hi Karen Buy another telly,or move your 'toy'. Mine is in the same room, but I still miss bit's as i am so wrapped up in this habit lol. Marion

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Mar 2005 09:08

Karen Here's a tip for you: get a video recorder. Then you can just stop and start your viewing whenever you want. I've found this is an excellent idea for those odd occasions when other members of the family turf me off the computer! nell

David

David Report 31 Mar 2005 09:17

If you get a laptop and a wireless connection you can do both, I do. david

Trudy

Trudy Report 31 Mar 2005 09:40

Promised to watch the England game with my hubby last night - watched the first ten minutes, went to make tea, via computer - tore myself away to finish making tea and talk to him during half time, then managed to watch last ten mins!!