Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone got any tips for Yorkshire research?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Natalie

Natalie Report 29 Mar 2005 18:54

See below

Natalie

Natalie Report 29 Mar 2005 18:57

I'm helping a friend with her family tree. Her rellies are mostly from Hull, Cottingham & Bridlington. I've done Ancestry look-ups and Yorkshire BMD. Any other ideas? Have had help from people here for 1851/1861 look-ups, but don't like to keep asking every time we find a new branch. Is there anything else available online? Many thanks Natalie

Natalie

Natalie Report 29 Mar 2005 22:25

Maureen I have replied to your message. Thank you so much for your offer of help! Best wishes Natalie

Helen

Helen Report 29 Mar 2005 22:32

East Yorkshire Family History Society? Not checked them out so no idea what info they have. www.eyfhs.org.uk

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 29 Mar 2005 22:33

I bookmarked this after it was recommended for West Riding: http://members.aol.*com/wryorks/indxmain.htm (remove *) Christine

Natalie

Natalie Report 30 Mar 2005 16:43

Thanks everyone! Those websites look very useful, so I'm off to have a proper look now!! Natalie