Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FRESH PAIRS OF EYES NEEDED LOL

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tinkers

tinkers Report 29 Mar 2005 16:33

HELLO I have a william hewitson born 1851 in newcastle i cant seem to find him on 1881 census anywhere i dont no who his parents were or who his siblings were he could he living in hartlepol i no his wife was called ellen hewitson nee turnball i just cant seem to find himn thanks

The Bag

The Bag Report 29 Mar 2005 16:38

Will have a look jess

tinkers

tinkers Report 29 Mar 2005 16:44

thanks jess

Sally

Sally Report 29 Mar 2005 16:45

Hi - have found a William Hewitson born in Newcastle who was ll in 1871 - could this be him? Love S

The Bag

The Bag Report 29 Mar 2005 16:45

where and when did he marry Ellen?

tinkers

tinkers Report 29 Mar 2005 16:48

according to 1901 census he was 41 ellen was 38 i havent found out where and when they married as yet lol anne

tinkers

tinkers Report 29 Mar 2005 16:51

just found a marriage 1885 in hartlepool

The Bag

The Bag Report 29 Mar 2005 16:52

doesn't that make him born 1860? So probably the one that sally has found is correct - go for it Sally!

tinkers

tinkers Report 29 Mar 2005 16:54

oops i have never been good when it comes to sums lol

The Bag

The Bag Report 29 Mar 2005 16:55

issabella (Unknown) Diddle 2 Leadgate, Durham, England Daughter Iveston Durham Elizabeth Hewitson 62 Roofoot, Northumberland, England Mother Iveston Durham Hugh Hewitson 68 Ansley Burn, Northumberland, England Father Iveston Durham William Hewitson 39 Haltwhistle, Northumberland, England Head Iveston Durham William Hewitson 11 Newcastle, Northumberland, England Son Iveston Durham John Wood 54 Dumfrees, Scotland Boarder Iveston Durham Complete with a sister called isabella diddle!! Who is actually Isabella Riddle and belongs to the family above this one! jess

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 29 Mar 2005 17:02

Could this be him in the 1881 census George HEWITSON Head M Male 39 Green Head, Northumberland, England Iron Worker Hannah HEWITSON Wife M Female 40 Orchard Field, Northumberland, England Mary HEWITSON (Daur) Female 13 Newcastle On Tyne, Northumberland, England Scholar John Geo. HEWITSON (Son) Male 9 Black Hill, Durham, England Scholar Jane A. HEWITSON (Daur) Female 6 Black Hill, Durham, England Scholar William HEWITSON Nephew U Male 21 Newcastle, Northumberland, England Coal Miner Source Information: Dwelling No 26 Cort St Census Place Benfieldside, Durham, England Family History Library Film 1342188 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 4944 / 9 Page Number 12 Looks like he married Ellen Turnbull 1885 Hartlepool Roy

tinkers

tinkers Report 29 Mar 2005 17:14

thanks for replys lol i am confused lol

The Bag

The Bag Report 29 Mar 2005 17:27

So am i! think you need to go to what you know to be fact and work out William birth year to establish that the 1901 william was the right one in the first place jess

Sally

Sally Report 29 Mar 2005 17:29

GR just crashed on me at the crucial point! But Jess has found the same info.

tinkers

tinkers Report 29 Mar 2005 17:47

thanks jess and guys ill have to go and get this sorted lol anne

The Bag

The Bag Report 29 Mar 2005 17:58

Oh Good, thought it was just me that crashed!! Jess