Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ok, Got the medal card, but whats it all mean???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 27 Mar 2005 21:39

Dear All I have downloaded my rellies medal card from A2A. I've identified my rellie from his name, date and place of birth. Please see below for the rest!!!! Bev X

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 27 Mar 2005 21:42

To cont..... but what does the rest mean??? The A2A site has really confused me so be gentle with any replies..lol At one end of the card is his name, DOB and place of birth. In the middle are loads of boxes with things like IT, CL, PA etc on them and some have circles and crosses through. At the end is a number 47784. What does it all mean???? Thanks for any help you can offer:-) Bev X

Keith

Keith Report 27 Mar 2005 22:11

Hi there. CL IT etc refers to the various medals, the ones he has will have been crossed through. Tell me which ones are crossed through and I'll translate. Regards Keith

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 27 Mar 2005 22:20

Keith Many thanks for your offer, There is a circle round and a cross through the date 1939. And crosses through AT, AF, BU, IT and WM. Not sure if it is a cross or an R next to PA. Dee Had a look, but couldn't see anything that looked like the card I downloaded:-( Regards Bev X ps. the card I downloaded has details from Walter Charles Moore to William Herbert Moore if these help anyone????

Keith

Keith Report 27 Mar 2005 22:25

The medals are War Medal, Italy Star, Atlantic Star, Africa Star, Burma Star. Pacific Star and Burma Star can't be awarded together I believe so there will be a clasp on the ribbon. I'll check that tomorrow and email you again. Regards. Keith

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 27 Mar 2005 22:37

Keith Many thanks:-) Bev X