Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A longshot but who knows!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 27 Mar 2005 20:57

I know this may be a shot in the dark but worth a try, I have today recieved a group photo taken in 1925, which has written on it 'Pegwell Home' be interested if anyone has ever heard of this place! Thanks - Linda

The Bag

The Bag Report 27 Mar 2005 21:00

have you tried Google?

Linda

Linda Report 27 Mar 2005 21:01

Jess No give it a go now Cheers Linda

The Bag

The Bag Report 27 Mar 2005 21:02

looks as though it might have been in Ramsgate/Thanet

Linda

Linda Report 27 Mar 2005 21:07

Jess just had a look it does appear to be in that area, this picture has about 30 men on it so it may have been a working mans day out somewhere, at Pegwell!! Linda

Jan

Jan Report 27 Mar 2005 21:15

If that's Pegwell Bay Linda, it's near Ramsgate in Kent. Jan :-)

Linda

Linda Report 27 Mar 2005 21:57

Had a look round think the web. I think it may have been a Home for Working men, it suggests that the men in the photo were the benefactors who supported it. Will keep exploring Thanks for the guidance Linda