Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 census look up please can you help???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 27 Mar 2005 11:13

Would it be possible to get a look up please of 1851 census for Henry Stock born around 1840 ,son of Henry Stock and Jane Owen ,Henry born about 1840 married Jane Ann Vivian in Sydney 17/11/ 1863 ,and I don't know if it is of any significance but his wife's mother was Ann Owen , and I thought maybe he came to Australia to meet up with his family and married his cousin, he could well be the same Henry Stock aged 16 who arrived on a ship called Ebba Brahe in 1855 , sailing from Plymouth regards Lara

Joan

Joan Report 27 Mar 2005 17:12

Hi Lara They are not on the 1851 census for Warwickshire, Devon or Norfolk They are probably in Somerset Found these -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Henry James Stock Male Family -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: Christening: Death: Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Marriages: Spouse: Jane Owen Family Marriage: 12 MAR 1837 Lyncomb And Widcomb, Somerset, England -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type: I024183 Film Sheet: What are you hoping to find out about Henry? You could probably get a birth cert. for him with what you know about his parents....for instance....these below...the Bath ones fit with the places of the marriage Births Mar 1838 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Stock Henry Bath 11 7 Stock Henry Bath 11 26 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Births Sep 1838 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Stock Henry Keynsham 11 135 You could put a request on the records board for a specific Somerset 1851 census hoping they did n't move around much!! Good luck Joan Joan

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 28 Mar 2005 02:37

Joan thank you I have sent e/mail too you are so kind and helpful only hope one day I can return the help you have given me I do try with the people who ask for help but not as experienced yet but I'm learning everyday thanks to gr and all the great people on here thanks again Lara xx Ps Joan I was hoping to find if as I thought that he was from England and then I might be able to find out if the girl he married here was indeed his cousin as his mother was jane owen and her mother was ann owen .