Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 census lookup in Norwich please!!!!pretty ple

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

moggyrud

moggyrud Report 26 Mar 2005 14:19

Could some kind person look up a familyfor me? They lived in heigham (comes under Norwich). They are:- Theodore Smith born c 1821 Susannah Smith born c 1823 Theodore Smith born c 1847 Seems odd but l think they may have had other children and only got them in 1851. Would love to see what the census says about them. Thanks Maureen

moggyrud

moggyrud Report 26 Mar 2005 15:06

must admit that l have nudged this as am desparate....1837 hasn't got Norfolk yet!!!

Heather

Heather Report 26 Mar 2005 15:17

Maureen, do you want to try the Norfolk Transcription Archives - I would offer but old man on my case today!! And it may take some time to trawl Smiths> Here is the addy: http://www(.)genealogy(.)doun(.)org/transcriptions/surnames(.)php?doc_type=150&surname=SMITH As usual, remove brackets

moggyrud

moggyrud Report 26 Mar 2005 15:32

thanx heather...hadn't heard of that site...my old man is watching football.!!! lol maureen

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Mar 2005 15:36

Don't think the 1861 is on that either. I got some of my relatives by handing over some money to the Norfolk Records Office -worth every penny! nell

Heather

Heather Report 26 Mar 2005 15:46

Nell, it has all different bits of info, sometimes census, sometimes not - its a case of trawling and hoping. Yes, when I first started this I gave NRO a tenner to look something up for me and photocopy it. Must say the next time they didnt find it and still took me money!

moggyrud

moggyrud Report 26 Mar 2005 16:31

thanks heather and nell.....just trawled through the norfolk site, and unfortunately didn't get one single ancestor!!! Ah well....will perhaps give the archives a go..or go to norfolk....long way for me as l live in Dorset!! Maureen