Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 ireland census look uo please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tinkers

tinkers Report 25 Mar 2005 08:55

hello i am not sure if ireland does any census lol if they do could someone please look up mary farrell born about 1841-45 in longford Ireland her mum was called ann born bout 1805 in longford i dont no her dad's name this is all i no on her thanks anne

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 25 Mar 2005 08:59

Irish info is as rare as hen's teeth. I'm pretty sure you won't find a census, but I could be wrong.

tinkers

tinkers Report 25 Mar 2005 09:01

ouch does this meen i will b looking for a needle in a haystak lol

Glen

Glen Report 25 Mar 2005 09:49

Only the 1901 & 1911 are available for Ireland plus a few snippets from earlier ones.

Janet

Janet Report 25 Mar 2005 10:15

You will need to know what Townland your folk are from for anybody to help. Try googling info on Longford and downloading a parish map for more understanding of Townlands. You can Google Townlands and Baronies. Griffiths and Tithe Aplotments are what you will need for Irish ancestors but they only give you head of household, no other information, so to use them you must have done a lot of work in Ireland first. If you have an unusual Irish name you can strike lucky but looking for Farrell will need to stretch your detection powers beyond all imagination. You can google Tithe Aplotments and Griffiths to find out more. Knowing the name of the place is just not enough. I had one in Fermoy but when I looked at the Townlands for Fermoy there were about 10 parishes. I eventually located her in a small village 3 miles from Fermoy. Armed with this information I was able to locate the Townland. Janet

Oliver

Oliver Report 4 Apr 2005 17:00

yes ireland has a census record & church records you can find out more on www.nationalarchives.ie but farrell is a very comon name good luck