Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 scotland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gordon

Gordon Report 24 Mar 2005 21:26

I'm probably the 100th person to mention it, but just in case ........... the 1871 census is now on Scotlandspeople Good hunting Gordon

Ellen

Ellen Report 24 Mar 2005 21:59

Lyla Seems to be working Ok now - I've been on for the past hour. Regards Ellen.

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 24 Mar 2005 22:15

I`ve just tried and can`t get in. Rosalyn

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 24 Mar 2005 22:29

Its a nightmare!!! I cant get in either, well actually I can get in and I can view all previous searches and viewed images etc. But I cant purchase credits!!! It just wont take me to the page,,, sob sob. Ok 'll just keep trying all night long, I dont care I am going no-where!! Shaz xx

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 24 Mar 2005 22:32

Got in but won`t put me through to paypage and some of homepage is missing! Try tomorrow. Rosalyn

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 24 Mar 2005 22:36

Ok I have had a rethink following Georgina's posting and I am not going to bother just yet as I dont want to pay for credits but not actually get them!! I'm glad you told us this Georgina because I was about to buy 90 credits..... phew. Thankyou!! Shaz xx

WeeBruce

WeeBruce Report 25 Mar 2005 02:47

Wish I'd checked in here first. Just like Georgina I have paid for 30 credits, then the screen froze. When I got back onto the site I discovered the credits hadn't been added although I had an email to say the payment went through. I've emailed them but not risking another £6 til I get it sorted out.

Lawrence

Lawrence Report 25 Mar 2005 03:13

5Page CREDITS for 1871??????? That so sucks. I've written suggesting that censuses be 3 credits, midway between the 1881 census and the 1891/1901 censuses.

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 25 Mar 2005 05:59

The only reason we get away with 1 credit to view 1881 is because 1881 is transcribed and not actual documents. I doubt if they will knock anything off the cost of 1871 as it is the actual images :-( Shaz x

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 25 Mar 2005 08:32

Think I'll be waiting a week or so before going there. I've waited forty years to find my great great grandparents, I'm sure I can wait a little longer! (and of course, having Scots blood, I couldn't stand the thought of losing money;-)))

Kirsteen

Kirsteen Report 25 Mar 2005 08:39

Aaargh - I've just tried, but as soon as I select a county and the screen refreshes my tick in the 1871 box is replaced with a tick in the 1891 box. When I tick 1871 only it tells me I must make a selection????? Come on Scotlands People - sort it out!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Mar 2005 13:32

grrrrr grrrr scowl grrrrr it wont even appear on my screen at all its broked!

WeeBruce

WeeBruce Report 25 Mar 2005 15:24

Just discovered the site is working again. The credits I bought late on last night have been added and I think some extra credits. The time I have to use the credits in has also been reset.

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 25 Mar 2005 16:05

It`s gone down again! Rosalyn

Shaun

Shaun Report 25 Mar 2005 18:37

Hi folks, a word of warning about the 1871 census, might just be for Wigtownshire or could be the same for all areas. I paid 5 credits to look at my great great grannie's household and came up with her and one son as last 2 entries on a page. Got all excited about where her other 2 sons and daughter were staying. Paid another 5 credits to look at my 9 year old great grandad and found him and his brother and sister as first 3 entries on page as a continuation of household on previous page. The bloody enumerator must have been a miserable sod who didn't want to waste 2 spaces on the page. Shaun

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 25 Mar 2005 19:40

nudge for kathleen