Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

IS ANYONE OUT THERE RESEARCHING ANCESTORS IN FLINT

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nantwich

Nantwich Report 24 Mar 2005 17:53

Dear All Is anyone researching or has done in the past ancestors in the above North Wales counties?? Am in danger of having permanent hole in wall from head banging!! need new advice / other members experiences!!!! Have had no success in finding anyone with 1841/1851 census' for the area and NBI, BVRI etc doesn't have coverage!! I feel like a geneology leper!!! :( Sarah x

Allie

Allie Report 24 Mar 2005 18:52

Hi Sarah, lol Me again. I am researching in the Denbighshire area and my 1851 census for Shropshire has Overton Flintshire on it. Where and what are you after? I'll see if I can help Allie x

Nantwich

Nantwich Report 24 Mar 2005 19:09

Hi Allie I'm researching the WOODWARD family, mainly in Treuddyn/Nercwys/Mold but could be anywhere in Flintshire/Denbighshire/the borders. Sarah x

Allie

Allie Report 24 Mar 2005 20:02

Sarah, It was a slim chance that you may need the area I had. I am in the same situation as you are...limited resources. My family were from Rhosymedre, Cefn Mawr and Llay and i'm struggling with them too. If I find any good sites, i'll mail you Allie x

JoanC

JoanC Report 24 Mar 2005 20:09

Hi Sarah, I live about 4 miles from Treuddyn and there was a girl in my form at school called Helen Woodward who was from Treuddyn, this was in 1951. Don't know if this is any use to you. Regards Joan