Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Quick Question.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~Little Ray of Sunshine~

~Little Ray of Sunshine~ Report 24 Mar 2005 16:01

I've got a rellie that was married in 1817. I've found the entry in the parish register but it doesn't include parents names (was a bit of a shock when i realised that they weren't included in those days!!) I've got no idea where he was born, but i think it was around 1795 ish. How the heck do i find him and his parents?...... c....x

~Little Ray of Sunshine~

~Little Ray of Sunshine~ Report 24 Mar 2005 16:20

Hi Dea, I'm looking for William Lancake, but it could be down as Loncake, Longcake, Langcake or Landcake! and i'm willing to bet that there's more variations that i've not come across yet! c x

~Little Ray of Sunshine~

~Little Ray of Sunshine~ Report 24 Mar 2005 16:38

Well, He got married in Astbury (can also be known as Congleton) in 1817. BUT, people have told me that he may have come from somewhere in Cumberland. i imagine that looking for him is going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack coz there's loads of em in Cumberland as i found out the other day! I have no idea where to go next as this is the first time that i've got that far back! c x

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 24 Mar 2005 16:53

if you look at the year 1795 us the 5 year each side option it only return's 8 you can narrow that down eg one only lived 2 days one born nr Gateshead one in london and so on. Roy

~Little Ray of Sunshine~

~Little Ray of Sunshine~ Report 24 Mar 2005 16:56

Cheers Roy, I'll run the search and see if i can thin them out! Thanks for the help c x

~Little Ray of Sunshine~

~Little Ray of Sunshine~ Report 24 Mar 2005 17:17

Dea, spot on - ann was my GGGG Gran! Thanks for looking for me. Please don't think i'm ignoring you if i don't get to reply to you again, but i have to leave work in a min and i'm on me hols next week (don't know how i'm going to cope with no internet access for a week!!!!) Thanks again for your help c x