Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

births before 1837

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 24 Mar 2005 15:53

hi i wonder if any one can tell me where i can find a birth before 1837 i have there marriage cert and he was born 1831 thanks chris hes name was david hartley fathers name david hartley married parish church of st andrews county of york/yorkshire on marriage cart he is down has being 22 they married feb 1853 hes wifes name was mary thanks a lot chris

Sandra

Sandra Report 24 Mar 2005 16:00

You won't find a birth, only a baptism before 1837. in the parish record office, sometimes your lucky and it will give the birth date as well. Have you looked on familysearch.org the lds site, has baptisms, i use it and then double check the info myself hope this helps sandra

Heather

Heather Report 24 Mar 2005 16:01

Well if you have the marriage cert it will give his fathers name so that will help a lot. You need to look at the parish registers for the area he was born in which will be on the censuses? Have you tried familysearch site IGI just in case he is on there and you can also try the Family History Societies for the area.

Joan

Joan Report 24 Mar 2005 17:59

Christine, tell us his name, and his father , and place of marriage and we'll help you look. Joan

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Mar 2005 18:54

His name is not unusual enough for you to guess at his baptism. Where is his birthplace as shown on 1861, 1871, 1881 census etc.? Often marriages took place at the bride's parish and he could have come from far from there. Could his father's occupation help to determine whether you have found the right family?

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 24 Mar 2005 19:06

will this be him, Husband DAVID HARTLEY Wife ELIZABETH Children 1. DAVID HARTLEY Male Birth: Christening: 06 MAR 1831 Saint Peter, Leeds, Yorkshire, England Death: Burial: Roy