Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Private researchers for Army

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 23 Mar 2005 17:31

Has anyone used one and recommends them? I'm particularly interested in those that might look up service records? I don't see myself going to Kew in the near future at all. I would get lost there too. I know regiment he was a private for, perhaps not the one he joined up with, and the time that he was in service with the army (1861-c1884). I don't want to get diddled as I have very little money as it is. Thanks Chloe

Linen

Linen Report 23 Mar 2005 18:09

Hi Chloe Are you in a desperate hurry for your look-ups? Remember a group of us are going to Kew in July. As Brenda got some copies for me on the last trip I owe a favour in return. Vivienne

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 23 Mar 2005 18:17

Not in a desperate hurry, no. I've waited 5 years already to find out which regiment he was in! I would be ever so grateful if you could look up for me Vivienne, I just don't want you to go to too much trouble. I don't know how service records/papers are indexed, if at all. I know the regiment, rough years, and possibly one of the batallions he was in. Chloe