Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where tolook for marriage approx 1928

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christina

Christina Report 22 Mar 2005 20:08

Hi I am trying to find the marriage of my auntie - Ann Turner Potts who was born in 1910 in Carlisle. she died in 1996 (in Durham)and her married name was Ronaldson. Can anyone reccommend a web site where i might find the marriage details Christina

Sam

Sam Report 22 Mar 2005 20:16

Do you know what area the marriage could have taken place in? Sam

Christina

Christina Report 22 Mar 2005 20:20

Sam - I am not 100% certain - but think it may have Durham. The family moved from Cumberland to Durham approx 1915 and I know her sister married in Durham in 1935. I guess its all guesswork at the moment!! Christina

Sam

Sam Report 22 Mar 2005 20:46

You could try this site: http://www.durham.gov.uk/DurhamCC/usp.nsf/pws/Registrar+-+purchase+of+registration+certificates If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a link to click on which takes you to the search page. I have had a quick look and can't find the marriage you are after but the site may be useful if you have other relatives in this area. Good luck Sam

Christina

Christina Report 22 Mar 2005 20:49

Sam thanks for your help. I had tried that site already without success too!! NEver mind - I think I will give up for the night now!! Thanks again Christina

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Mar 2005 22:28

You should be able to find it on 1837online but you will have to pay. Alternatively, you can look in the GRO marriage indexes on microfiche. nell

Irene

Irene Report 22 Mar 2005 22:42

If you are looking on 1837 over a 10 year period then it could cost .10p x 4 x 10 = £4.00 that is the Min for 10 years. With luck you may find it before the 10 years is up. Did she marry before 1935 then go back before that. You should be able to pair them up because they have the partners surname along side Good luck Irene

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 22 Mar 2005 23:06

try this one http://www.teesvalley-indexes(.)co.uk/index(.)php It's FREE there are links on there to other area's may be worth a try

Christina

Christina Report 23 Mar 2005 09:21

Thanks everyone - I am off to try the websites suggested. I had thought of using 1837 but because I am not sure of date thought it would be expensive but may give it a shot anyway. Will also try teesvalley site too. Once again thanks a lot - this site is great for information Christina

Christina

Christina Report 23 Mar 2005 09:38

Roy Thank you so much for the Tees Valley Website - I have found the marriage (1938 at HArtlepool) - I am so pleased - thanks again Christina