Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Great Site for Military Links

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Veronica

Veronica Report 22 Mar 2005 04:07

see below

Veronica

Veronica Report 22 Mar 2005 04:09

I found this great site that has all sorts of links to websites that contain casualty lists and historical stuff. . . take a look, of course those of you who have been around a while probably already know about it so apologies if you do. http://www.angelfire(.)com/ga/BobSanders/ARMYLINKS(.)html Just found another one http://search(.)lycos.com then asked for british army casualty lists Veronica in Canada

Gail

Gail Report 22 Mar 2005 06:26

Thanks Veronica, I will have a look at these. Gail.

Colin

Colin Report 22 Mar 2005 08:17

Thanks Veronica............. just printed a copy. Will try when I get my brain sorted

KiwiChris

KiwiChris Report 23 Mar 2005 03:35

Thanks Veronica, that is wonderful, I just found my gggrandfathers death in Crimea almost 150 years ago and also some info about his younger brother. Seeing their names listed like that helps to make them more real somehow. What is the address for the second site that you mention, what you have here does not appear to work. Christine in NZ

Veronica

Veronica Report 23 Mar 2005 03:47

Hi Christine I'm glad you had good luck with that site. I wish I could find my chap. He was a gunner and driver with the Royal Horse Artillery and served in the Crimean War. Died of injuries but I can't find him. I think I am going to pay for a search of the Muster Lists at TNA, its probably the only way I will find him. the second site was a popup that came up when I was in the first site. I think it is similar to Google only you put in lycos search . . . when it comes up then type in . . . British Army Casualty lists . . . just like you would with google. Up popped all sorts of Military sites, some the same as ones I new and others that where different. Veronica in Canada