Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

free bmd

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kate

Kate Report 21 Mar 2005 23:28

i still cant find any relles on free bmd, is there anyone willing to help me please?

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 21 Mar 2005 23:34

tell us who, where, and when, and we may be able to help

Kentishmaid

Kentishmaid Report 21 Mar 2005 23:35

Just put surname in box with a county plus a 5 year span and you'll be amazed how many come up! On the home page click on view here to see breakdown of event year by year. Then you'll know if your relatives have been transcribed or not! Good Luck Angela

Lucky

Lucky Report 21 Mar 2005 23:36

I'd definately say less is more. Start with minimum info and then refine it down when you get some results. Good luck

Sam

Sam Report 21 Mar 2005 23:39

FreeBMD isn't complete and there aren't many records after 1910 so depending who/when you are looking for, you may not be doing anything wrong, they just might not have been transcribed yet. Sam

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Mar 2005 23:42

You can find graphs on freebmd site which show % covered of births, marriages and deaths for each year since 1837. nell

Smiley

Smiley Report 22 Mar 2005 00:32

''free bmd i still cant find any relles on free bmd, is there anyone willing to help me please?'' The answer is yes, but I think you've gone to bed!

Smiley

Smiley Report 22 Mar 2005 00:39

Come on then Kathleen, I know you're about, so who exactly are we to help you look for? Sam :)

Smiley

Smiley Report 22 Mar 2005 02:31

You're confused Chris???? ...You & I have been doing the same look ups! Using up our 1837 credits!! If only Kathleen had posted here, I didn't realise she was messaging 2 of us..or more. Sweet Dreams ;)