Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Skirving & Thompson 1861 census please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lawrence

Lawrence Report 21 Mar 2005 18:00

I have a Matthew Skirving, died 1878 ( age 41) & his wife Marion Skirving nee thompson ( aged 42 in 1881 census ). Can't find any marriage cert for them. They had children starting in 1855-1867 ( in dumbarton ), so I figure they are probably on the 1861 census as a married couple. I could not locate any birth certs for either of the couple; perhaps an 1851 census for each would help with that issue. Also, an 1871 census would be of use . TIA

Wendy

Wendy Report 22 Mar 2005 00:13

Dear Lawrence. Mathew and Marion married in 1854 in Lancashire [Manchester].The only other thing that i can find is that they married in the july,aug&sept quarter of that year. The volume that the information is in is volume 8d. I will keep looking for the births. wendy.

Lawrence

Lawrence Report 22 Mar 2005 02:25

Wendy. That is great! I'd not considered England; I was so focused on Scotland & Ireland :) I appreciate your having taken the time to help me. Lawrence