Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Twins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Witchypoo

Witchypoo Report 21 Mar 2005 15:21

Trying to find any relatives of Joan Holding born 7/11/1936 Edmonton. Mother Edith M Holding. Joan may not know she is a twin. The other twin was known as Rosa. Rosa was not aware she was adopted let alone a twin until 1999 when her adopted mother passed away and has none stop thought of trying to find her family, as time has gone on her hopes have faded. Please contact if you have this information in your tree or know of there where abouts. Thanks

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Mar 2005 16:07

Colleen Firstly, GR don't advise people putting their e-mails on the boards which is why yours hasn't appeared properly. secondly, births (whether multiple or not) are all listed in the GRO births indexes. These are available on microfiche. You need to look through the relevant year (4 quarters in each year) looking for a birth with the correct surname in the right area. Twins or other multiple births will appear with the same volume and page numbers. You need the name, registration district, volume and page number as well as the year and quarter to order a cert from the GRO. Twin birth certificates also have the time of birth recorded on them. Adopted children will appear with the name they were registered with, not their adopted name. nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Mar 2005 18:23

nudge

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 24 Mar 2005 11:49

I always thought that the time was shown on birth certificates for twins. However, I am a twin and I recently discovered that the time is only on my birth certificate and not on my sister's. I think that the time is only recorded for the eldest child.